Question
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/02/02

Update........

Dear Doc, Captured Angel, Jill and Lady Nina

Just thought I would give you an up-date since my son has left for the UK. For the first four days I heard absolutely nothing - did not even know whether he arrived safely - as you can imagine that was the pits (he left his cell behind - pay as you go - no international roaming). Then on Friday last week - out of the blue.......... an e-mail !!! He wrote from an internet kiosk at Scotland's airport (on his way to London after 4 days intensive training at Kinnettles House near Forfar - it's a castle - bloody hell !! ). He sent some beautiful pictures of the place and I must admit I am green with envy.

Can you imagine - here I was feeling as though my son had died (it was really that bad) and he's over there in the most beautiful surroundings, having the time of his life. Having had contact has made the world of difference, I still miss him terribly (I set the lunch table on Sunday and gueass what I did - yeah set one place too many). Oh well, life goes on and whenever I get sad now, I just think of him having a ball and it becomes so much more bearable. He was really carrying on in his e-mail about how beautiful the place is and how nice the people are - so what have I got to worry about ?

Just thought I would let you know that at least one person is not feeling too crappy today.

Keep well and thanks again for the big shoulders you guys offered when I needed it.

Lucia

Dear Lucia,
Thank you so much for sharing your news with us --- it's lovely to know hat someone is feeling so much less crappy than they were not long ago. And in a castle, yet !

1
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/02/02

hi there

i'm really glad you are having a "not too crappy" day today.

letting someone go is never easy , if it was then we were never really one ... there was never a real and distinct connection, nothing of value!

today a friend of mine returned after spending 2 months away - she burried her mother a month ago, she is so sad and it really hard to get up and carry on.... i don't know how to comfort or even just what to say...

looks like its a lonely battle, it's something you have to do alone - you fought the demons and won and afterwards you still found the strengh within to get up and walk again.. a huge accomplishment i think!

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina