Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2004/02/10

Unusual itching

Dr Doc,
I am 40 and has never been for a mammogram (or any special test for my breasts). I have noticed lately that when I remove my bra my outer sides of my breasts are very itchy. I have taken extra care to cream it after my shower but at times during the day it is now also itching. There are no signs of redness and dry patches. Could it be the type of bra's i'm wearing now? (I have purchased a few padded bra's).
Please help or would you suggest that I see a doctor asap?

Please assist

It sounds like a skin problem more than anything else. It could possibly be related to your bra or the detergents you use. Your GP may be able to help.