Question
Posted by: TigerWoo | 2005/01/06

Unusual Discharge

Hey

About a year ago I've become sexually active and everytime after i've had sex i would experience a discharge that would have this weird smell lasting for a week. Well, by chance my boyfriend was tested for syphillus and he came out positive. I've tested myself and was negative. So about May last year I went for a pap smear and the results showed that there is a change in my cells and they 'think' it's HPV. I've had treatment but the discharge is still there. My boyfriend has gone for treatment and he is clean now. At first I thought it was the condoms that resulted in this discharge, but even when we have sex without the condom the discharge comes. Now for about 3,5 weeks I havent been sexually active, but last week the discharge appeared again and this time with itching inside. I've been using Micostatin vaginal cream since Monday, but it doesn't help. What can it all be? What should i do?

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to take a swab from the discharge and send it to the laboratory to see exactly what it is and what treatment is needed.

1
Posted by: sambinoct | 2005/01/06

I also suffer from reoccurring thrush and it gets you down sometimes because it doesn't feel at all comfortable. Also been using medication after medication and all sorts of creams and nothing seems to help. For some women it's just one of those things. Best thing to do is to tell your gynae that nothing helps and try using soap with no scents or some tea tree oil instead of bubble bath in your bath. I know that that also irritates it more. A healthy diet can also make it better. Plain yoghurts and cranberry juice. And now that I'm preggies it's even worse ... one of those things you learn to live with I guess.

Reply to sambinoct