Posted by: Esta | 2008/01/22

Until the end of this month

I am in a relationship for 13 years and have a child, but we never got married. I have been supporting him for the last 10 years, he works for a company and earns R1200.00 a month which he think is enoug contribution from his side. I bought a house together with my son in which we stay and I pay the bond, electricity and levy and montly foods. I have told him for the last 3 years that I cannot go on like this it is not fair for me to support him, I have given him an ultimatuim for this end of this month after having another sh... christmas, I am going to get a letter from attorney for him to not remove any furniture( which is half his) from my house as I think I am entiteled to as I hav esupported him all this time and he will not pay child maintenance as he didn't pay for his previous kids, Wiill I be able to have him removed? I was thinking of telling him I gave the key back to my son of our house and stay with my son for the next two weeks to get him to realise I am serious, please help with some recommendations and legal comments.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sounds like you really need some good legal advice, to be sure about your rights in this sort of situation. It is indeed unfair for him to simply allow you to support him so greatly, and to apparently make no real efort to improve his own capacity to contribute more to the family. The legal advice is critical on such isues as his claiming half the furniture while having contributed nothing else. And a court can surely compel him to pay at least some child maintenance, for your child and any others eligble, which he needs to take into account before being too cocky about how well he thinks he could manage on his own. Don't miove out of the house leaving him in it, without very considered legal advice, it could make it far too easy for him to claim more than he is entitled to.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.