Question
Posted by: Derick | 2007/06/20

unsure of things...

HI

Is there a condition were people know things but there mind says its is not the cae..Example I know that my car lights are off but I look at it for 30 seconds to make sure it is off...the mind keep says make sure it is off.

Also when at the ATM..I take off my card but I look at the side of the ATM just incase I left something.

I know that there is no camera at the robot and I know that I did not skip the red robot but I go back to make sure..

I type a letter for someone and have to check it 5 times before I send the email..

I have many more examples...

Is there a name for this condition....

Derick

This sounds like an obsessive-cmpulsive personality, and, when exaggerated, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder --- one lacks a sense of "enoughness", and one feels compelled to check and re-check. It responds well to treatment, best with a combination of medication such as SSRI antidepressants, and CBT style counselling.

2
Posted by: Hope | 2007/06/21

OCD. See a shrink, also meds available.

Reply to Hope
Posted by: NURSE | 2007/06/21

YES THERE IS - OBSSESSIVE, COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOUR. PLEASE GO GET PROFESSIONAL HELP - IT CAN ABSOLUTELY DESTROYE YOUR NORMAL LIFE.

Reply to NURSE