Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2006/10/25

Unsure

CyberDoctor,
My arms became very unco-ordinated for a few minutes and my eyes went weird too - I thought my life was slipping away. My eye-sight didn't go blurry but what I saw felt like I was fading away from life. I thought I was dying. It's so hard to describe. I could breathe and my heart didn't feel like it was racing. Now everything looks different in a way, like I'm wearing a new pair of stronger glasses, but I feel disconnected too, slightly dazed, but that's debatable. I just feel weird. I hope I haven't had a breakdown. I do feel more anxious now after what happened. I have had anxiety in the past but it's never affected my eyes. My Doctor is on holiday and my neuro is away for the week.

Dear Lisa
It sounds to me as if something neurologically happened - ask your neuro's rooms if he has someone standing in for him that can just have a look at you. If need be they can phone him to discuss the way forward.