Question
Posted by: Star | 2007/03/05

Unstable - PMS

Hi there,

How can I learn to control my PMS (hormones)? When it is PMS time, I will just get something into my head (about something that bothers me) and not think clear and cause trouble. It takes a few days and then I feel very different about the situation and regret it (I make a huge thing out of something so small). In the PMS mind-set I am so convinced that I am the victim.

See a good local shrink for a proper assessmend, and then discuss treatment options based on the findings of that. CBT can also help at least to control the inconvenient behaviour than can be asociated with PMS

2
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/03/05

Going to sound funny but I take a Vitb + Magnesium supplement and it seriously chill me out over my PMS time, but like Joy mentioned everyone around me also know when the red alert is on its way and bare with me...... But you can learn to control your PMS ....... sucks I know....

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Joy | 2007/03/05

I usually tell the people around me that i'm not myself and they should just bare with me. I know exactly what you're going through..you become so irrational and crazy and when you look back you're like, what the hell was i thinking?! but you know what, you just have to control your impulse to do something stupid..take a disprin and go to bed or take a long bath and light some candles..i find that just sleeping already lightens my mood when i wake up. But its a hard time yes,..my boyfriend already knows exactly when my time is coming..he just gives me a look and says..its that time already hey?!..and even then i go billistic and get mad at him..especially when he teases me..but its all in good faith..he knows the 'madness' is temporary and i'll be myself soon enough. It's hard but with practice, you can learn to control your impulsiveness!

Reply to Joy