Posted by: Friend | 2008/08/26

Unstable cat

My friends cat is almost 10 years old. The other night, the cat was sleeping, she then tried to stand up and her legs were stiff and she couldn' t stand. She kept on falling over - very unstable. After about 5 minutes, she managed to get some balance back and could walk but was walking skew. A few minutes later, she came right and since then has been fine. What do you think could be the cause of this?

Dear Friend

Pinched nerve? Loose disc?

Posted by: Minky | 2008/08/28

Your cat could be getting on a bit in age. I supplement my cat with Gerivet from Kyron. It is a powder that I add to her feed and is helps keep them bright and healthy in teir golden years.

Reply to Minky
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/26

I wonder if she isnt just stiff from lying down ???? and then as she gets mobile again she improves ???

Miki one of my boxers is stiff when she gets up , and after a short walk etc she is fine.

You should see me get up in the morning sheesh.

Reply to Carol