Question
Posted by: Possie | 2004/10/19

Unresolved Problem

I am a 44 year old Male, in good health with the following issue which I have not been able to solve for 10 years or more!
Symptoms are: When driving cannot drive on the open road like a highway etc as have the tendency to keep wanting to brake as feel that my body is travelling at a different speed to the car. Driving up or down a rise has a similar effect. I can trace this back to starting shortly after having my Wisdom Teeth surgically removed around 1989. I have been to a GP, referred to an ENT specialist and a neurosurgeon. Still no resolution.
It gets worse when I am tired or been on a "binge" the night before. The interesting thing about this is if I have had a few drinks it seems to be fine and I can drive on the freeways no problem. (Seldom drive while under the influence, leave it to someone else to drive who is sober). The feeling/symptons are still there when I am a passenger.
I smoke but am not a heavy drinker, a couple of beers on the week-ends with an occasional party once a month.
I am convinced that it has something to do with my middle ear but am not sure.
Any ideas?

possie,

1
Posted by: cd | 2004/10/20

Possie, it sounds like some sort of neurological problem, but I can’t say what. The best would be to see a neurologist and have it sorted out. Good luck. CD

Reply to cd