Question
Posted by: Kato | 2005/12/13

Unpleasant colleagues

I've just started a new job (4 months ago) which is in a totally different field to what I was doing before, and it's been a tough learning curve but I've been trying my absolute best. Now I have found out that some of the girls have been gossiping and spreading rumours about my capabilities etc. I think it's jealousy because one of those girls were hoping to get my job, and was turned down due to lack of experience. However it is making things very unpleasant at work. I don't want to run to the boss and tell her about this for fear of sounding like I'm getting involved with the petty office politics, but apparently the two girls in question were discussing that they want to wait for a good opportunity where they can go and badmouth me to my boss.

How do I handle this situation without stooping down to their level?

Well, we can understand the motivation of the catty one who wasn't good enough for the job. aybe mention it to your boss / HR, not as tale-telling, but a remark like"Gee, X who I understand wanted this job, has been really working hard to unsettle me by cpreading rumours that I'm not up to the job --- I hope you find my work satisfactory ? That's fair comment, an useful for him to know --- and useful if you get in before they do.

1
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/13

You keep doing your best so they can look stupid.

People mostly only believe what they see, so dont prove any of the rumours rite.
keep your dignity, smile, and ignore

high trees always get the most wind! so well dun!!

Reply to Delene