Question
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/09

Unkindness

I have been involved in a number of group sessions (not that kind) where real personal issues were discussed - some of it religious and then … whispering! Also in office situations you find people saying the sweetest thing, but behind it is venom worse than that of an Egyptian cobra. Somebody prayed the other day in a group “ please lead A & B to resolve their marriage problems” Suddenly everyone knows that they were having problems – mission accomplished.

The same in other situations – Have you heard? ….. Vra maar net! Isn’t that a beautiful revealing dress.. Just asking! Just a lifting of the shoulders and walk away. Again – mission accomplished. I have done my duty to spoil it for everyone. All part of unkindness lots of times leading to something more serious. Relationships on the mend ….. gone is the reconciliation. Budding friendships …. Out the window.

Road accidents, abuse, cheating, broken promises and relationships? Just asking!!

Whatever sort of group sessions these were, sound destructive. Only if run by a fully trained and experienced group therapist can roups be functional. amateur groups, and prayer groups, which let themselves dabble in matters they don't truly understand, can be risky.
As I wrote once in my comnmentaries on Big Brother, about a very malicious character who insisted her nastiness was "only a joke " --- if you're the only person laughing, that wasn't a joke

6
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi j

ek se altyd "christene" skinder net met hulle oe toe, ( onder gebed) maar hulle skinder net so baie

kyk ek glo graag ek is n christin maar persoonlik is ek baie bang vir a groep heiliges en verkies om maar met die ongeredes te kuier

hoop dit gaan beter met jou vandag...

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/12/09

many a true word said in jest...... so think about those snide liitle "jokes"? anyone agree?

Reply to Lois_Lane
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/09

I just hate it when people say a mean thing and turn around and say "I was just joking" You don't ever hurt people not even in a joke. People can really be nasty sometimes

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: CaT | 2005/12/09

and people wonder why i have a phobia of people

Reply to CaT
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/12/09

Personal problems should NOT be discussed in group therapy. That is why it is personal and should not be shared with more than one external party.

Ongelukkig is daar baie mense wat hou van skinder.

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

jakes. I so do agree with you.
I do not believe in people. I do not believe that a person can have many friends at all.
people are too unreliable. Many aquantences, but not many friends.

Reply to Delene