Question
Posted by: TANIA | 2008/01/07

Unique Hoodia Gordonii

Has anyone tried this product before? How did you find it to be? Doctor, do you know anything about it? My employer's wife is using it at the moment. She says there is no side effects, she just needs to force herself to drink water, otherwise she loves it. You hear all the hype about Hoodia Gordonii at the moment, so I am really interested. I need something to take away my hunger pangs as well as my love for food. I used products before that took away my appetite, but I am not always hungry, but I love the smell of food and then still eat.

Dear Tania
I am also unsure about the Hoodia products that are at present on the SA market. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search using 'Hoodia' as your search term to find the article 'Hype about Hoodia' that I wrote on the subject. Rather use a sensible energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), to lose weight.
Be careful of any Hoodia pills at present until these products have been tested properly and found to be safe.