Question
Posted by: Thina | 2007/06/21

unicornuate uterus(UU) and IVF

i had two failed IVF and wanted to know if there is anyone out there who became pregnant with Unicornuate Uterus. I'm planning to do a FTE i from the last IVF. I'm also looking for a doctor IN JHB (i moved to JHB)who helped someone with a positive pregnancy with UU.

Dear THINA

The unicorniate uterus perse should not alter the prognosis for IVF unless there is serious compromise to the endometrial lining. However, I assume that a full investigation of the urological system has also been undertaken. Also I would like to know if you have just one ovary or if both ovaries are present. Finally, apart from the unicornate uterus, is there any other specific reason why IVF is necessary since it is not at all unusual for patients to conceive naturally with a unicornate uterus.

1
Posted by: KIM | 2007/07/10

I HAVE A NINE YEAR OLD CONCIEVED WITH ZIFT AND ICSI. SHE WAS A TRIPLET AND I HAD A SELECTIVE REDUCTION TO GIVE ME MY BEST CHANCES. IT CAN WORK

Reply to KIM