Question
Posted by: j-j | 2004/10/19

unhappy in bed

Before i go to bed at night i'll be in the greatest mood but as soon as i lay down to sleep horrible thoughts go through my head!

Work related problems, i hate my boss, want to quit what i'm going to say when i confront them!

Friendship problems, who'll miss me when i'm in a car accident, what will happen if i dissapear!!!

I dont have thoughts of commiting suicide but its very difficult to fall asleep at night!
This does not happen every night, maybe 1 in 2 weeks!

Dear J-J,
That phase just after going to bed is a vulnerable one for all of us, occasionally, especially if we are anxious and/or under stress. BEE is right about the value of finding better ways to switch off and chill before going to bed. If you find after 10 minutes you're churning and not sleeping, then get up, and go watch TV or read a book till you're calm again.

2

Hi j-j
Funny enough, I woke up this morning and while I was in the shower had similar thoughts as you and also feel i need to address them. When i wake up first thing in the morning, I have awful thoughts. I somehow imagine arguing with all and sundry and know exactly what i want to tell them. I also focus on things that irritate me about my man, but as the morning progresses, i realise that they are not as bad as what they seemed like early that morning? Geez, is it just that I am not a morning person and just feel dowright miserable with everything?

Posted by: BEE | 2004/10/19

I think that you need to find a way to "switch off" and try to relax before going to bed. Some people find reading a book, a bath or a nice warm milky drink helps.

Reply to BEE