Question
Posted by: Cape | 2008/01/18

unhappy

I'm so unhappy with myself, as i know im the only reason i have gained weight, well so i think. I'm 1.75m tall and now weigh 64kg, i use to weight around 55kg and 57kg. I was always so disciplined with myself, i hardly ever let myself go, now my life has changed a great deal, im no longer living alone, we go to parties alot have a drink after work, not everyday though. I'm trying to eat healthier, i have always liked healthy things, like veggies, fruit, hi-fibre cereal, lean chicken and fish, popcorn and so on, but lately i eat well during the day, but come evening, i have to cook, then i taste while im cooking and i also then have a plate of food, and later in the evening i get cravings for sweet stuff, like cookies or wine gums, or jelly beans. i have started exercising again, 30mins a day. But im so unhappy that i just seem to pick up more and more, im 36 yrs old. What am i doing wrong???

Thanks for this great site, i love it
Jackie

Dear Cape
Seeing that your present BMI = 20,6 which is below the ideal, you certainly have no need to be unhappy or guilty or depressed by your weight. When you weighed 55 kg your BMI was 17,7 which is below the normal range and bordering on anorexia. I think your body is rebelling because you have deprived it for so long. You should actually weigh 68 kg to have an ideal BMI of 22. So stop stressing and allow yourself to enjoy your slim body and healthy food.