Posted by: Mari | 2008/07/17

Unfolding aorta
Impression of distinction of the upper lobe vessels - What does this mean?

Cardiothoracic ratio measures 19/44.
There is a cardiomegaly. - What is the normal ratio and is this a problem?

Thank you for visiting

Your question should be taken in context with the symptoms and reasons why you had a chest x-ray done. These impressions that you are describing can be normal and of no concern. Please therefore, be so kind as to advise me about the reason for the x-ray, as well as the symptoms that you have experienced. Also remember to supply me with your age.

The heart size in a normal person should be 50% or less of the thoracic measurement.

Kind regards

Posted by: Peggy-Sue | 2014/07/15

I too have been diagnosed with "unfolding aorta". My symptoms are extreme dizzy spells (which send me to bed), fatigue and breathlessness. What is it and could this be reason for my symptoms. I had an x-ray because I had previously had cancer and they wanted to check that it had not spread.

Reply to Peggy-Sue
Posted by: karin | 2008/07/18

You cant put your reply to the doc here again she wont get it, you must do another new posting and refer to this one and she will answer you.

Reply to karin
Posted by: mari | 2008/07/18

Thank you for your reply.
My husband is 52. Suffers from a chronic cough and dizzy spells (doesn' t smoke). GP at first thought the cough might be caused by Pharmapress co (hypertension). He changed to something else, but the cough continued. GP then suggested that it may be bronchitis and send him for x-rays.
(He finished the antibiotics, but there is no change in the coughing and dizzy spells.

Reply to mari