Question
Posted by: LIBRA | 2005/12/12

Unexplained Weight Gain

I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I am 26 yrs old 1.65m and 66kg. In the past 8 months i have gained 7kg - In turn i have been following healthy eating habits and am exercising more than usual, why do i keep gaining weight i'm not doing weight training, so it can't be muscle mass gain and i've gone from a size 34 to 36. I left the pill 8 months ago, but like i said, i've really been doing my best to live a healthy life style since then, because my husband and i are trying to conceive. I barely use any alcohol, i've never been a smoker, i avoid all fatty foods and i've even cut down to eating pasta only once every 2 weeks. Please help - what could be wrong with me and what kind of docter should i go see if tests etc need to be done.

Dear Libra,
Please go for a medical and let your dr check your thyroid - it could be that it is a little inactive. Also, talk to dietdoc, maybe you should follow a different kind of diet or your metabolism is slow because you eat too little!