Question
Posted by: Jill | 2007/04/03

unexplained infection - help?

okay, so now i'm past my 6th month of "thrush". It isn't recurrent, its just consistently there. A lab result earlier this year showed a pseudomonas infection (yes its me again - and yes it was pseudomonas bacteria in my vagina!!). I have been treated with oral antibiotics 5-day trt (pseudo. was sensitive to Ciprobay) and I have had Dalacin VC recently (7-day). I have been on Metrogel, Sporonox (one regimen was a 14-day treatment = R1300!!), Cloritmizol, even Betadine Douche, so many others. Nothing worked. I have just finished a Culturelle VC dose. I thought going more natural was the way to go.. But Surprise!! It didn't work. Sucks to be me. I have given up on expensive gynaes because not even they can tell me what's wrong. My med aid is finished. I think I must've spent over R4000 in med aid costs and medicine and consultations. Two different gynaes, and many lab tests. The last 3 lab tests at two different labs showed absolutely NOTHING, and that everything is normal... No yeast, no candida, no bacteria... nothing?? I though about the allergy thing - but I don't wash down there with soap, I just use water. I have been using the same washing powder for the same year when this first developed, but im pretty sure its not an allergy since pseudomonas was found eventually..

SO my young life.. at the prime age of 23 is over.. And then I go and meet a really lovely guy.. And downstairs is out of order. So do I really tell this guy what's going on and possibly gross him out??

I would like to ask for advice, but I am 95% sure that nothing else will help me.. and my life is over...

thanks for letting me rant..

If the test have shown no signs of infection, that is generally fairly reliable. You don't say what your symptoms are - I presume itching. This could be due to an allergy or a skin problem. it might be worth seeing a dermatologist.

7
Posted by: Jill | 2007/04/05

Have you considered going to see a homeopath or iridologist? I've recently had an infection in my intestines that did not really antibiotics which was made worse as they thought I had trichomonas or appendicites & they pumped me full of meds my system did not need. You can also try aloe vera gel to sooth & heal & consider taking a 5ml dose of Colloidel Silver (natural antibiotic) every day (better than Dettol for disinfecting)

Reply to Jill
Posted by: Kat | 2007/04/05

Reese/Jill,

My intentions were not to scare Jill regarding HIV. However, recurrent yeast infections/vaginal thrush CAN be early signs/symptoms of HIV and diabetes. The OTC meds also mention this in their information pamphlet.

Reply to Kat
Posted by: twsana | 2007/04/04

Sweetheart !
Nana advice me not to have sex when your body is not ready. Make sure you are wet when you have sex with your partner. Stay away from foam baths, g-string, wear 100%cotton panties use white toilet paper. Don't worry about HIV it has nothing to with your infection. I wish you well.

Reply to twsana
Posted by: louise | 2007/04/04

i feel your misery Jill cause im in the same boat as you i dont know how much ive spent treating this miserable thing, im on proboflora now and i inserted a tampon deeped in tee trea oli and i feel much better, i dont know for how long.i tested negative for HIV and diabetes, and sti's. i honestly dont know why we should suffer like this.

Reply to louise
Posted by: Reese | 2007/04/04

Kat & DCELL, I don't see the link between recurring thrush & HIV. A friend/colleague of mine is HIV+ but whenever she gets ill and seeks treatment she always recovers like some1 who's neg. And even when she has thrush, she buys OTC meds and gets better. You shouldn't scare Jill unnecessary.

Jill, I think your doc should perform other tests including STI's cos some STI's have the same symptoms as vaginal thrush...

Reply to Reese
Posted by: DCELL | 2007/04/04

Recurring thrush/yeast infections could be an indication of HIV...ask your DOC

Reply to DCELL
Posted by: Kat | 2007/04/04

Any Chance you could have HIV?

Reply to Kat