Question
Posted by: Sherry | 2004/11/02

unexplainable pain

Two months ago i had pain on my lower abdomen on the right side. The pain was unbearable, & i felt something which was swollen like its going to burst. The pain affect my right leg & could walk properly.
I went to the Dr, who said it cannot be an appendix & did a sonar to check for swollen ovaries but didn't see anything in the sonar.
He ruled out it might be infected ligaments.
The medication didn't help, instead the pain got worse.
I was referred to a Gynae, he did a papsmear & a sonar, everything was normal.
The medication he gave stopped the pain after two days & the swelling inside went away after a week.

the problem now is the pain keeps on coming back & disappearing & it still affects my right leg.
I just had my periods now & on the last day the pain came back. My periods has stopped two days ago & the pain is still there.
What could this be ?
I don't have money to keep on going to the Dr & they keep on guessing what this could be.
Is there a way they can really find out what could this be ?

Sherry, what was your doctor’s reason for saying that it wasn’t your appendix? From this side of the screen it certainly sounds like it might be due to appendicitis and maybe the best would be to see a surgeon just to make sure. Good luck.