Question
Posted by: need SERIOUS advice | 2005/01/12

underweight and gyming like mad

i was wondering:if someone has anorexia and they decide to pick up weight,would it be okay if he/she doesnt go to the gym(if theyve been gyming EVERYday except weekends)?i dont consider myself anorexic,but i SERIOUSLY need to gain weight,but whenever i go to the gym i totally overdo it,and i dont eat enough to make up for that energy loss.....is it okay if i avoid the gym till i weigh a healthy weight?

I think that if staying away from the gym is going to help you, then by all means, that is what you need to do. Now, I'm not sure of your exact situation, but the more important thing here perhaps is the diet - I think that if you were eating very well and making sure that you replaced, then you could very comfortably go to the gym. If you are not, then it becomes a problem. It just seems to me that the easier option, and the longer term solution, is to address the eating, rather than avoiding the gym, and so that's my advice - I would suggest that you find yourself a dietician and find out how you can practically eat to avoid this situation. Until then, stay away from gym, that's fine, but definitely, look at your diet first.

1
Posted by: Bongz | 2005/01/13

You just need to stop gyming for a while and eat regularly, and keep assuring yourself that it's ok

Reply to Bongz