Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2004/01/14

Understanding someones behaviour

Whenever i meet someone, especially a guy, i end up just being their friend. About a two years ago i ment this guy and i thought initially that i was only a friend to him. A few months later, things changed and he said that i am more than a friend to him,that he loved me and we spoke about marriage. Last year his story changed again and i ended up just being a friend to him again, without him telling me that that was the case. He denied ever saying the things that he said to me. That i was just a friend to him. But a few days later he told me that he wanted to get to know me better. What i don't understand is this guys behaviour.Why he would do something like this. Why he would lie to a person. And what it ment when he said that he wanted to get to know me better. I feel like i am loosing my head, like i am the stupid fool to have believed everything he said, yet i don't understand why he would do something like that if he treasured my friendship. Please help me understand.

Sammy, I wouldn't want to guess. Maybe he's been less lying than being indecisive, and unable to make up his mind about what he wants. Maybe he's more insecure than he looks. Have you spoken to him about this, explaining how his inconistency has been bothering you and puzzling you ?

1
Posted by: Behaviour | 2004/01/15

Be his friend! Then go-out and live your life, find some-one that loves you and want to be more than just a friend (If that is what you want). It sounds like he is really confusing you and playing around with your emotions.
Lots of fish in the sea........

Reply to Behaviour