Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/03/22

Underdeveloped

My sister is 24 weeks pregnant, it is her second pregnancy. Last month during a sonar at the GP, she was informed that the baby's legs are 4 weeks underdeveloped; when she did another sonar last week (a month later) he indicated that the legs are now 5 weeks behind the growth of the body. What possible explanations can there be for this? Her first baby had German measles early during this pregnancy but tests revealed that my sister did not contract it. Could this be the cause of it? Is there anything that she can possible do to counteract this?

I would suggest that she see a Fetal Medicine expert. It is difficult to know what the GP meant. It could be that the baby is not growing adequately, or that it has short legs. Rubella would not cause this.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/22

I would go to a gynae for a second opinion. GP's often give out wrong info aswell as their machines are often not as sensitive as gynae's.

Reply to Dee