Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/03/05

Underactive Thyroid / Irregular Periods

Hi there,
I have an underactive Thyroid and been on Eltroxin for 15 years. I have very irregular periods, went to the gynie and told me to take Diane 35 for 3 - 6 months to regulate. Its my 2nd month and period has become regular. What next.... When i stop the pill wont my period stop again? I also need to go on a diet to get my BMI down, have been on the No Carbs no Sugar High Protein diet and dont think its doing me any good. Any suggestions. I'm 30 years old and have nothing else wrong with me except the irregular periods!

Dear Cindy

I would recommend that you control the thyroid very tightly and also attempt to lose weight as they are important in improving egg quality and the chances of a pregnancy. However as a quick-fix solution one could consider ivf
where the entire system is externally controlled and the chances of pregnancy is significantly improved.

1
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/03/07

Thank you! I know i have to loose weight but unsure of a diet to follow. Do you have any suggestions to eating healthy and loosing weight.

Reply to Cindy