Posted by: Rix | 2008/08/20

Underactive Thyroid

I have a underactive thyroid will " Vital: fat burner with thermogenic formula"  help me?

Dear Rix
The best solution for an underactive thyroid is to use thyroid hormone replacement therapy (e.g. medications like Eltroxin). The Eltroxin should be prescribed by a medical dr and he/she will have to monitor your dose over time because it takes 3 or more months for the thyroid hormone levels to get back to normal. If you need to lose weight, use the Eltroxin as prescribed, reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Safer and cheaper than buying diet formulas that may not do anything for your weightloss and may also cause negative side-effects.