Question
Posted by: Pale & Tired! | 2004/01/30

Underactive thyroid

I was told by a reflexologist that I have an underactive thyroid-what does that mean-what are the symptoms & the causes & how do I deal with it? Do I need a specific diet or do I have to take medicine? Please help! I am pale & tierd all the time, I've put on 7 kilos & I get terrible headaches!

P&T, the thyroid is in charge of the rate of the body’s metabolism and therefore the symptoms of an under active thyroid would be characterised by weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance, listlessness, depression, lowered pulse rate, dry skin, slow reflexes, oedema, etc. Good luck and if you have more questions, please post them as a new question to ensure that I receive it.