Question
Posted by: Jan | 2003/02/03

Underactive Thyroid

I have had the same symptoms for ages now. I went to a reflexologist who said that there seemed to be a problem with my thyroid, but I never really took much notice. I was reading an article last night and some of the symptoms that I am having were associated with an underactive thyroid. I have hardly any muscle strength in my arms, I feel extremely bloated, even though I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I have tingling pins and needles in my arm and hand. Even though I eat a healthy diet, I am still finding it extremely hard to shift the weight. It seems to have got worse since I had my second child. I am also mildly depressed. I also experience achy pains in my legs, especially my left hand side, but the strangest is, I can be sleeping on my left hand side, but the pins and needles will be in the right hand and arm. I cannot understand - what answers can you give me ?

Jan, your symptoms can definitely fit in with those of an under-active thyroid. The easiest would be to have blood taken fro a thyroid function test and find out. You can have it done at any of the laboratories. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2003/02/04

I've been to my doctor and he diagnosed sinusitus. I work in an enviorment where my colleuges smoke in the office (which is against the law). Can their smoke affect or worsen my sinusitus. I'm a non-smoker. During weekends at home I'm fine, but from Monday to Friday I suffer alot with sinustus. Been on antibiotics, which worked fine (while I was booked off sick), but as soon as I spend a day in the office, that night I get the headache and block nose.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: ICE | 2003/02/04

you need to see your doctor so that they can take blood test to see if you have an underactive thyroid, this illness needs to be treated otherwise you will just keep on picking up weight. Make an appointment now.

Reply to ICE