Question
Posted by: M | 2008/01/31

Underactive Thyroi

I have been diagnosed llast year with an underactive thyroid and take 1mg Eltroxin - and I feel a lot better. I believe that I could be a whole lot better eating the correct food.
I would like to know (or where to find) what food to avoid and good food for my thryoid.

Dear M
Eat enough low fat proteien per day ( 0.8g per kg). Control your ratio of proteien to carbohydrates by never eating more lowfat protein than you can fit in your hand and then use this to determine the volume of carbohydrates to eat. If it's unfavorable carbos like breads and starches, eat the same amount in volume. If it's good carbos like fruits and vegetables you can eat double the amount of protein volume wise. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Use iodized salt.

1
Posted by: Kerstin | 2008/01/31

Your question would be better answered if you post your question to diet doc !

Reply to Kerstin