Question
Posted by: Suzy | 2004/01/14

Under weight

I'm 1.78m tall and I way less than 50kg. I am aware that i am underweight. I have been to a doctor and been told that its genetic. Both my parents were thin until their late 20's. I have checked my throid function and that is normal as well.

I'm hoping you could give me some tips in the types of foods I should be eating. I've tried a diet high in carbs and that didn't really help either.

Thanking you
Suzy

Dear Suzy
Do a Search on this Website with 'To gain weight' to access the articles I have written about this problematic subject. You will find that you may need to eat more snacks and even include products such as Ensure or Nutren (ask at the chemist) to boost your food intake. If you are very highly strung or active, then it may help to do relaxing exercise like yoga and deep breathing.