Question
Posted by: pipco | 2004/10/04

Under skin itch unrelievable by scratching no rash

After some two weeks I still get a prickly sensation under the skin in various parts of the body(fore arms, chest, upperthighs, buttox) different areas at different times. Scratching does not relieve the itch but is causing scratch marks. I did visit my GP a month ago for an inflamed mussle(?) at the base of the spine for which I was given a Voltaren shot and tabs. Also noticed a day ago a tiny black spider under my pillows on changing the linen

Pipco, it sounds like it might due an allergy or sensitivity to something. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. In the meantime you can try taking an anti-histamine like Phenergan® to see it improves the itching. If it does, there iprobably an allergic reaction involved. Good luck.