Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/08/24

under carpet

Hi, I would like to know about a foam that goes under you wall to wall carpet that apparently kills any insects that may be on the carpet.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I am not familiar with this product; I think you'd need to ask the company that installs your carpet, otherwise a pest control company would certainly be able to advise you. I have to say that I wouldn't recommend such a product though! If you do opt for it, make sure it has sufficient time to off-gas i.e. keep the room(s) in which it's used well-ventilated, don't use them for a few days, and don't let kids play on it for a few weeks. You can go a long way towards fewer insect pests by cleaning the floors before installing the carpet, sealing cracks, and generally being thorough about vacuuming, cleaning and storing food.