Posted by: Cathrine | 2006/10/30

Under arm pain

Hi, I am 36 years old & I have been having a pain just below my armpit, directly to the left of my breast for a couple of months. It is not severe, but rather a dull ache & it comes & goes, but is getting more consistant & painful. I can't feel any lumps so I don't think it's breast cancer, but that is still a worry. Should I see a DR?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

HI Cathrine
Could be a rib or the muscles in-between the rib or even the lung - yes you should ask your GP to have a look. Rather be safe than sorry. Does not sound like breast cancer.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lilly of the Valley | 2006/10/30

Hi Cathrine! I have the very same thing - the left arm! Sometimes it feels like the gland there. Too scared to go to the doctor!

Reply to Lilly of the Valley

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.