Question
Posted by: REGINA | 2004/11/01

Undecided about Marriage

Me and my partner we've been in a relationship for 8 years we are blessed with a son that we both love very much. We did have ups and downs in your relationship, on the 5th year he had an affair with a collegue and she fell pregnant and had twins with my fiance. the problem is my fiance doesn't love her it was a one night stand as he says but i'm not sure. now he wants to marry me because i'm the one he loves, i'm afraid in future the other lady will be a problem to us e.g. maitenance, i want to buy i house after we are married so that it can be on my name for safety if something will come up, but he won't let me he says he will buy the house. the thing is i don't want to live a comp,icated life bcos now i'm very happy with my son, please help me to decide what to choose in life but i'm not saying i will take your advice but i now it will give me light wgich way to go.

thank!!
Regina

,,,,,

3
Posted by: DD | 2004/11/02

I agree that you need to let him face up to his actions - by himself. Leave him to get on with his mess. Make a new beginning you owe it to yourself.
Good luck. Do this while you can. Don't get married.

Reply to DD
Posted by: Mary | 2004/11/01

You already are involved in a complicated life? This isnt going to go away or pass by by getting married to him. He had a one night stand? Ja right! How do you know he hasnt been sleeping with this woman for months. WHat if she fell pregnant to try and keep him? You should call her and the three of you should sit down and talk about what you all want. I couldnt marry a man who cheated on my and the woman falls pregnant. You have to be made of steal to put up with that..

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Personal | 2004/11/01

Regina,
My point of view... once a cheat, always a cheat.
He dug a hole, and now he can climb out on his own.
If you stay, you're in the hole with him.
I do not understand how a person forgives another for having an affair. He lied to you, cheated on you?
He took your love and trust and trampled it exactly when he one-night-standed this other female.
You, my darling, are worth a heck of a lot more than that!
Leave him to his own 'complication' that he caused by himself. And go get the life you deserve, remember men are replaceable, children are not.
Good luck gorgeous!!

Reply to Personal