Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/09

Uncontrollable and incurable acne

Hi Dr.

I know you are constantly bothered by acne questions, but I’ m desperate.

I have been on several medication and acne products, from:
Zinc pills, herbal acne pills, acne creams, antibacterial washes… … … . These were all light products. I have also had numerous microdermabrations. Again, it did not work.

Then I went to a doctor who gave me Purbacs DS for 6 months. It did not work. I then went to a Dermatologist who gave me Zinyrit. It did not work. Later he gave me Cyclamisan to be taken with the Zinyrit. Several other medications were tried.

The antibiotics were topical, oral… … … 

I was then told a Chemical peel would help with supporting products. A doctor performed the chemical peel (70%). This only made the acne much worse. The doctor made a big mess of my face and an other doctor told me that I wasted my money and that the doctor who performed my peel does not know what she is doing and more damage was inflicted than bettered. Where can I report this person?

I have almost exhausted all the options. I have been on several antibiotics for more than 3 years. I have since stopped taking any antibiotics for 5 months.

Can you help? What should I do next. I have a very oily skin. I have fair skin. Age 19, male. I have always had acne. It was worse in my senior year.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anonymous
It sounds to me as if tried all the treatments in the book - however you may need to try Roaccutane now - please see if you can get an appointment with a dermatologist for an evaluation and blood tests to see if you are suitable. My son used it and it really helped a lot.

If you are unhappy with the results of the chemical peel and you have a dermatologist that will confirm that it was not done correctly you can lay a complaint at the Health professional council of South Africa. 012 338 9464

Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/10

Thanks for the advice doc.

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.