Question
Posted by: worried!! | 2004/11/25

uncomfortablely sore breast

i am only 16, but my left breast in the past weeks has been incredibly painful and my right breast is fine. the left bigger than the other ( i can see and feel the differenceand i think it;s swollen. im frightened that it's a symtom of breast cancer. im tempted to get a mamogram. my family has a history of cancer. what should i do? i cant just leave it because i know its not normal and its uncomfortable- please help asap!!!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

you should seek medical advice immediately. Please make an appointment with your family doctor. It may be nothing to worry about, but you should always check something like this out. If there is a history of breast cancer in your family you should make sure you tell the doctor you see about this.

So please make that appointment.

4
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/12/09

uh huh! it could be something else, alot of teenagers have growing pains and other pains, this could be a serious one!

Reply to sweetcakes
Posted by: zee | 2004/11/28

go back to the stone age Uh Huh, this could be a real problem and you're just dishing out useless advice.

Reply to zee
Posted by: uh huh | 2004/11/28

Your fine....My daughter had that Ur just growing!=)

Reply to uh huh
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/26

You MUST get it checked out.

The sooner you do so the better.
If it is something to worry about the quicker you get it seen to the better your chances.

Don't delay. Go to a GP who will know what to do, and will know if you need further intervention.

It may be scary, but do what you need to please!

Reply to Nuffing