Question
Posted by: Unhappy | 2007/12/16

Uncomfortable vagina

Please, please help.
Is anything done to one's vagina during a hysteroctomy? I am 41 and had to have my ovaries and womb removed - and now my vagina feels weird, even if I use lubrication. Penetrative sex feels really really uncomfortable. Why? Should I be consulting a doctor? or is this normal after a hysteroctomy, and something I have to learn to live with.

The remov al of your ovaries would result in a lack of oetrogen and this causes the vagina to feel dry. You can use Premarin vaginal cream to help with this.

2
Posted by: Unhappy | 2007/12/18

Hi Meiki,

I am glad to hear from another lady who has had the same surgery as me. I am not on any hormone tablets, and still gained about 3 kgs, 6 months after the op. My doc assured me it had nothing to do with the op, and that I must be eating wrong. So with careful dieting, I've managed to return to my original weight. So good luck!!
Tell me, are you experiencing difficulties with intercourse? like I am. Or is your sex life normal? If so, maybe I should consider a hormone tablet too. Please share your experience with me.

Reply to Unhappy
Posted by: Meiki | 2007/12/18

Hi Doc,

I had a hesterectomy and also had my ovaries removed in May this year and I am on Evorel 75 for hormones, so my doctor tells me. My worry is that I have since gained 8kg and do not know why. Could it be that the weight gain has everything to do with surgery? I am also worried of the fact that people say HRT increases breast cancer. Should i be worried Doctor?

Reply to Meiki