Question
Posted by: Yunus | 2004/01/26

Uncomfortable Neck

Hello - for the past 6 months or so i am experiencing extreme discomfort around my neck. I constantly have to jerk or stretch my head left or right to get some relief, often accompanied by cracking / creaking sounds of my neck. Other movements include looking up to the ceiling or turning head to left or right - as far as it can go - so as to stretch my neck to get some relief.

Any help will be appreciated.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Yunus
How forward are your shoulders? Try strething them back and rub the chest muscles - there should be some rather sensitive points - this should correct the position of your head and help release the symptoms.
Douglas