Question
Posted by: Yunus | 2004/01/26

Uncomfortable Neck

Hello - for the past 6 months or so i am experiencing extreme discomfort around my neck. I constantly have to jerk or stretch my head left or right to get some relief, often accompanied by cracking / creaking sounds of my neck. Other movements include looking up to the ceiling or turning head to left or right - as far as it can go - so as to stretch my neck to get some relief.

Any help will be appreciated.

Yunus, it might be due to inflammation of the soft tissues of the neck and taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® for 10 days or so, might just do the trick. If it doesn’t, the best would be to see your doctor and have an x-ray taken. Going for physiotherapy might be dangerous and you should first get the OK from your doctor. Good luck.