Question
Posted by: JS | 2007/08/01

Unbearable Period Pain

Dear Gynaedoc

I ve always had irregular periods since before the birth of lo (now 16months old).

Since May this year, my periods was regular, starting every month on the 15 th of that month. However July, I didn t get my period at all, and now have started with my period today. The pain is so unbearable, that I can barely sit or stand, my whole abdomen(ovaries etc) and back (at the kidneys)is in pain.. I know that in some woman period pains are normal.
And I m not one who is finicky to pain, I can handle it, but this is so terrible - its left me crying. i ve always been prone to menstrual pain, but it seems as if it s just getting worse.
I m unable to cope at work, and had to take off sick.

Please help me as to what the problem might be, surely it can t be normal for being this bad.

It may be that you had a cycle where you did not ovulate. If this is the first time it has happened, you could wait and see what happens next month. If you are worrieed though, contact your gynaecologist for a consultation. If you are bleeding heavily, a miscarriage is a possibility.