Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2006/03/30

Unanswered question no 590

Hi Doc,

It seems my question went unanswered. Can you please reply. It was posted on the 22/3/2006 no 590

Belinda

Dear Belinda

I must apologise for the error in posting. Despite the fact that you cycle has become erratic and varies between 21 and 26 days, this does not imply that you are not ovulating per se’. There may well be underlying hormonal factors that are shortening or lengthening different aspects of you cycle. Ideally I would recommend a hormone profile be done on day 2 of your next cycle thereafter I would advise ovulation monitoring commencing on day 8 of the cycle using urine ovulation LH detecting kits(e.g Clearplan). Should the ovulation monitoring not be confirmatory then I would suggest an endometrial biopsy be done in your gynaecologist’s office on day one of your period or shortly before the onset of your period to confirm whether ovulation is indeed occurring.

1
Posted by: robar | 2006/03/31

Dear Belinda

Sorry that the doc has not answered your question, it can be very frustrating.

I have found a very useful site that helps you to record your temps and mucus as well as helping to determine when you ovulate...even if your cycle is irregular. It is free and simple to use.

It also has alot of questions and answers. Explaining EVERYTHING you need to know.

So take a look at it:fertilityfriend.

As I cannot put the whole site name on this reply, remember to put www before and com/ after the fertilityfriend.

Remember making babies should be fun and try not to stress too much!

Yours sincereley

Barbara

Reply to robar