Posted by: Worried | 2005/01/10

Unable to respond during intercourse

Dear Doc C,

I'm a 37yr old female who's currently seperated from my husband for 6 months now. The last time we were intimate was about 8 months ago. I do feel part of our problem was my not being able to respond when we have intercourse. I do however feel that my problem goes deeper than this but I'm not willing to discuss it now. My husband was the only person I was ever intermate with, as quickly as I get aroused its gone. I'm a bit shy to discuss this with my docro. I would like some help please.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

The sexologist should be able to give you some advice. Please post to her.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: mw | 2005/01/11

A large part of sexual responce is in the head if you were having emotional problems then it could easly affect your sexual rosponce+

Reply to mw
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/01/10


Sorry to hear about your problem, I really hope that you find the answer I just want to pose one question: were you ever taken advantage of as a child? If so this might be the problem and then you need to see a doctor who can help you through it,

If not, I have no idea, let's see what the doctor thinks...


Reply to Jessica

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.