Question
Posted by: rabia | 2002/12/17

unable to loose weight

Hi, i'm trying to loose weight, but nothing is happening. I have tried every diet. I joined weight watchers in October 2001-January 2002. My starting weight was 68kg in January i reached 58kg and unfortunately was not able to continue . I cont8inued following the plan and also i did the half hour taebo tape every second day and the treadmill half hour every alternate day. I have not lost any weight or cm. I am still looking after my diet , i even tried your online diet but nothing. I am 30 years old am 1,50cm in height and have two children. Lately i have not been well. The doc says I have a deficiency in vb12. I am taking injections every month. I feel very weak and have dizzy spells. I am unable to do any excersise for the past 3months as within 5-10 minutes of starting i feel faint and like i'm going to collapse. What is my ideal weight and how do i go about my daily diet. I work from 8-5. I have breakfast which is a bowl of cereal with low fat milk and a glass of juice , then at ten i have a fruit, lunch is either a sandwich with salad and tuna or chicken filling. i don't get hungry till 5 when i get home i have a yoghurt and then prepare supper which is grilled chicken or fish or steak with veggies. My next meal is breakfast. I drink about 2litres of water a day. Sometimes i really wanna give up i have my ups and downs but get back on track. Please could you give me any advise or any help i am desperate. thank you

Dear Rabia
If you weigh 58 kg at the moment, then your BMI = 25,8, which is just above the upper cutoff point of normal (i.e.25). I can understand that you are feeling desperate, but you have really achieved a miracle by losing those 10 kg. Don't underestimate what this means and how well you have done. The first thing you need to do is to get the vit B12 deficiency under control. Keep on with the injections and also try to eat red meat, liver, chicken, fish and egg yolks which are the best sources of dietary B12. Once you have this deficiency under control and feel more energetic, you can return to doing exercises which as you have already proved, does help to keep weight down. I would suggest that you return to Weight Watchers when you are feeling better as their diet is excellent and it has worked for you. So take things one step at a time - first the B12 deficiency, then return to exercise and then to Weight Watchers to lose those last few kg.