Question
Posted by: Jay | 2005/12/12

(un)-Attractive proposition?

Is there anything particularly unappealing about software writers?

I'm really having a hard time hooking up with great girls. I'm from CT, but have been in Jhb for 18 mnths. I'm average build (1.75m, 87kg) and have a decent, stable job. I treat them well, enjoy good conversation and am good in bed, yet all I'm coming up with is emotionally unavailable women or gold-diggers. I tried a dating website, but that wasn't very successful.

What should I be doing to have better (intimate) relationships?

I'm sure other readers can have some useful responses here --- my impression is that people of all professions and occupations could make the same complaint, and that it's nothing to do with software

3
Posted by: Jay | 2005/12/13

Thanks guys. One of my new years resolutions is to start playing squash. Maybe by getting focussed on something like that I'll enlarge my social circle and find what I'm looking for as well as some good friends.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/12/13

Maybe you should first search for a girl with personality before thinking about the intimate side of the relationship.

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/12

Hi Jay - yes I agree with CS. We cannot steriotype a profession!

Sorry you have had bad luck on the dating scene. The dating sites, as far as I am concerned, are not a good way to meet people. A few friends have joined one of the actual professional matchmaking agencies with quite good luck. They do charge a fairly large fee but the clients are well vetted and it does appear the most sane way to go. Failing that have you tried the usual places like sports facilities and friends?

Good luck!

Reply to Tango