Posted by: Leizel | 2006/08/01


Good day Doc

I went to a gastroenlogist about the burning sensation in upper part of abdomen.He want do a scope aswell as a ultrasound
,for what is the ultrasound,what can he check with these tests.

Also I listened to a tv show and the lady said that she always complained about heartburn but all the time it was here galbaldder,
Could this be true.

Also what other syptoms should one look for a faulty liver and galbladder.

Please advis......

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Leizel
You should be patient with the doctors - we start looking at the most obvious - I.e. peptic ulcer or gastritis with the scope, if that is clear, we will check the gallbladder, pancreas and liver with the sonar and at the same time check for abnormal growths or glands or anything else that may be a problem. Gallbladder pain normally is more colicky and more to the right side and if infected can cause fever. A pinched nerve and herpes zoster can also cause a burning sensation on the skin of the abdomen but won't be associated with eating and won't get better with anti-acids. Your doctor may want to do blood tests to check your liverfunction too if he sees anything abnormal on the sonar or feel that your liver is enlarged.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.