Question
Posted by: Zehaan | 2008/01/02

Ulnar nerve entrapment rollercoaster

Hello. I am overseas on a trip. I went on a rollercoaster and slammed my elbow really hard during a ride and it felt like an extreme burning sensation from my elbow to my pinky finger. It then became numb and is numb for the third day today. It is getting less numb day by day. There is a bruise on my elbow and when I touch it, there is a tingling sensation on one side of my wrist and pinky. I am sure the swelling from the gash is causing this but I do not want nerve or muscle wasting. I cannot afford to see a doctor in this country and will not be back home for a few weeks. Thank you!!!

Hallo Zehaan
You probably just bruised the ulnar nerve, as it is becoming better already. You can use something like Voltaren gel on the area and it should recover without problems.