Question
Posted by: mleh | 2008/06/29

Ulcers

I have about 10 very painful ulcers around my wisdom teeth, but not on my throat, and I am concerned that this is oral herpes. It has been there for about 3 days. I read on the internet that the best thing to do is wait for them to leave - is this true? Also, how long would it take?
Is there anything I can do to prevent any more ulcers appearing? ie not spreading around my mouth?

Dear Mleh
Herpes causes blisters, you probably have aphteous ulcers. Try gargling with antiseptic and put kenalog in orobase ointment on them if you can reach them without gagging!