Question
Posted by: steven | 2007/03/04

ulcers?

My 2 year old spayed bitch has intermittent tummy trouble with vomiting and diarrhoea, a couple of times there has been fresh blood in the stools and the latest time she also vomited fresh blood. Every time she is also in obvious pain. However she always responds very quickly to treatment of the symptoms. the latest time the vet included ulcer medication. What should actually be done to make a proper diagnosis? Although she is better now I don't like to think that she may have constant or frequent pain from untreated ulcers. I have also been warned by a friend that there could be pancreas or kidney trouble with these symptoms.

It would be good to have her stomach scoped to see if there are any ulcers. Ask to be referred to one of the specilist vets in the area.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2007/03/05

Your vet should be able to answer your (very valid) questions - if not, request a referral to a veterinary specialist physician. Doesn't sound like something to ignore at all - if that were my dog I'd also want to get right to the bottom of it.

Good luck.

Reply to Chill