Question
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/29

Ulcerative Colitis

I am desperate for my mother is suffering from ulcerative colitis and has lost and immense amount of weight. She weighs 40 kilograms now and her length is 1,54. She is a paraplegic but has always been very healthy. Please help with advice on diet and anything else that can help. She eats normally Salazpyrin is the medication that she is on now for almost a year. Thank you kindly

Dear Dee
I am so sorry to hear about your dear Mom's condition. This is the sort of case where it is essential for you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet for your Mom that takes her condition and the medications into account and still provides her with the necessary nutrients to stay healthy.
Holding thumbs for you and your Mom