Question
Posted by: $$$$ | 2004/10/13

UK Lotto

Seeing that you are all so wise, thought I would ask you all a question - does anyone here play the UK Lotto over the net? And is it safe? Because this one is up to s...t!

Honest answers please cause I am considering take the chance.

I never gamble, it just doesn't stir my juices. However, I always reserve the right to grumble that I never win anything. That way I get exactly the same fun as 99.99999% of punters, with none of the expense !

6
Posted by: buffs | 2004/10/13

I only ever played lotto once and i won the grand total of..... R26! ha ha ha well it paid for my lotto ticket anyway! ive never played again

Reply to buffs
Posted by: G | 2004/10/13

Well it's still fun to do...and who knows someone has to go to win hey? I've played the UK lotto on line and had no problems with it, it is safe and reputable, know loads of people that play on line and also know of someone who won, not a big amount but she had no problems getting her money from the Lotto on line people. Just keep in mind that they take 10 percent of your winnings. Can live with that especially if the UK jackpot is £20 million...

Reply to G
Posted by: $$$ | 2004/10/13

Well, that certainly put a damper on my parade today but thanks for the info anyhow - Grand West here I come - might as well have some fun doing it then instead of just a tata ma chance ticket, at least you can throw your money in the slot, Oh, sorry now you even have a card.
Oh well, I'll keep dreaming of my millions- that'll do it

Reply to $$$
Posted by: Ching-ching | 2004/10/13

Its worth noting that ALL forms of gambling (and that includes Lotto competitions the world over) are stacked against an individual winning. Even if you play the simplest form of chance by choosing between black or red on a roulette table, you will find that, over time, you will lose. Picking a winning number on a roulette table has the odds of 33 to 1 - tough enough. Simply put, you have 1 chance to win and the house 33 chances. You are on a hiding to nothing. The lotto has a selection of 6 numbers out of 49. The permutations are staggering. Apparently you have one chance in 14 million of picking the right combination. Its enough to put you off (but maybe not when the jackpot is worth 13 million like it is today).

So, tata ma chance here or in the UK - I think your chances are slim to zero anywhere. At least here you can watch your dreams go up in smoke on eTV.

Reply to Ching-ching
Posted by: $$$$ | 2004/10/13

Because no one even CLOSE to our circle of friends/family or even DISTANT friends or ANYONE i know has won - just my opinion so thought I would try the UK one.

Reply to $$$$
Posted by: RRRR | 2004/10/13

Why is this one up to s...t!??

Reply to RRRR