Posted by: Nades | 2009/03/08

UIF Contributions


I have a home-based business and have 1 x employee - an Admin Assistant. What is the procedure of UIF Contributions? My Admin Assistant was on a month-to-month contract from May 2008 to December 2008. She became a permanent employee in January 2009.

I was not aware that the employer has to pay UIF contributions if the employee was not a permanent staff member!

I unfortunately have to retrench my Admin Assistant due to lack of incoming business and would like to know what the next step is.

My business is a Sole Proprietor, but it is not registered with SARS as a Sole Proprietor.

Please assist me with the would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


All employees must register UIF in arrears.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.