Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/16

Ugly Update

just thought i'd give an update on Ugly , she went to the vet today for a check up and he is totally delighted with her progress, her jaw is healing beautifully and she should be able to eat solid food again in about three weeks.

I have been so worried about her not eating much , but as it turns out she has only lost 100g and she was tubby to begin with ...so I can now stop worrying and relax.

That is good news!

3
Posted by: KAZ | 2007/08/20

The little bliter still pees on the bed and we have a litter tray in the passageway. He does this if he can't go outside or something else. Just a couple of weeks ago my husband's sister came to see us and I brought Bostick through for her to look at him, he later jumped off her lap stood on the duvet that was wrapped around my husband's legs looked at her, lifted his tail and proceeded to pee on the duvet. I think its his way of marking his territory and I think he has caught on that if he just has to lift his tail we scurry to pick him up or chase him away (mainly from the bed). He just discovered that he gets a faster reaction if goes for my husband's work laptop bag. The other thing that also get a quick reaction is jumping on top of the TV in our bedroom as the stand it is on seems to be wobbly.

Reply to KAZ
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/17

Maybe he thought he was being taken for granted:)

The amount of times I have gone into panic mode looking for cat that is curled up sleeping somewhere just isnt funny .. and then they saunter in looking for food !

BTW is bostik still piddling on the bed ? Smokey one of my kittens also did this until I put a sandtray just outside our bedroom door ... lazy bugger !

Reply to Carol
Posted by: KAZ | 2007/08/17

Good to hear that.

Sorry haven't been e-mailing or writing to the forum for some time due to my hubby's poor ankle, still giving him hell. My cooking is not great so we both lost weight. Getting lost in thought again, also I've been on an ICDL (International Computer Driving Licence) course through my work so it has been hectic. I'm up to module 4 (spreadsheets) I'm not a boffin about knowing about the insides of a computer. Whoever says ICDL is easy is lying. Especially Module 1. I know that some people that are reading this are asking what the heck is this mad woman talking about. This is a vet forum.

Getting to the animals, Scruff is really getting beatiful, this weekend I'm taking Smudge and Bostick for their Rabies injection. Last Saturday Bostick gave me a fright (I'm not called the Panic Mechanic for nothing), he could be found anywhere and didn't come for breakfast even calling him would bring him out of his "hiding" place and usually he appears at some point thoughout the day but not this time. My mother-in-law came down for the weekend and she was hunting for him. Come 8 o'clock in the evening "his royal highness" Bostick come through the bedroom window and all I heard was my husband "Is this the time to come home" Well you never saw a person fly though to the bedroom fast enough. I almost gave him up for dead because we knew he never leaves the yard and he always comes for his food when called and I looked in all his favourite places. Scruff that usually plays with him was on his own the whole day not once go looking for Bostick. Also in the back of my mind I'm thinking of the three cats (not ours) found dead in our yard. I could only think of that a snake could have got him. See the panic mechanic in me is coming out. I have become less paranoid since Bostick turned 1.

I wonder if Bostick knew we were going to take him to the vet last Saturday?

Reply to KAZ